Monday, June 25, 2007

Stephen King

Went to the book store this past weekend and grabbed this:

'On Writing' by Stephen King:





It is now part of my S.K. book collection. I thought I'd post a few of my favorite S.K. books here.

1. Salem's Lot: One of my most favorite King novels, a scary vampire story. It's just so creepy the way the sleepy town of Jerusalem is home to blood sucking vampires.




2. Misery: Poor writer Paul Sheldon, gets into a car accident during a blizzard and is 'resuced' by manical nurse/#1fan, Annie Wilkes. The movie version was good, but the book is way better. Some parts of this story will just make you cringe....and that's a good thing.

3. Needful Things: This is the first S.K. novel I read. It's how I became hooked. This novel makes you not trust any new small stores that open up in town.

4. Secret Window: Poor writer Mort Rainey, divorced and depressed....and one day a man named 'Shooter' arrives at his front door and accuses him of something Mort is sure he didn't do.

5. Everythings Eventual: I have a short attention span, this is one of the reasons I love S.K.'s short stories. I get my dose of a great horror read quicker. 'Autopsy Room Four' and 'Riding the Bullet' are particularly juicy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY