Sunday, August 26, 2007

I found this R.I.P. II challenge and decided to join.

This is so up my alley.

'R.I.P. II is a September 1st through October 31st celebration of all tales gothic, eerie, creepy, and dark. Tales that one reads in the dark of night, experiencing delicious shivers of terror and suspense at each creak of the floorboards or each gust of wind.'




I am taking on 'the first peril' which is:

'Read Four books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that you choose.'

Here are my horrific choices:

1. Frankenstien, Book I by Dean Koontz

2. City of Night, Frankenstien, Book II by Dean Koontz

3. The Stand by Stephen King

4.
Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice






I'm also taking on an additional peril and will be reading:


1. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

2. A collection of tales by Edgar Allan Poe

3. Brother Odd by Dean Koontz (I've read the first 2 books in this series and have been wanting to read this latest one)





And I may try to get some H. P. Lovecraft in there as well.


Even if I don't finish by October 31st, I will keep reading until my list is complete.







---------------------------------



And since we're on the topic of all things spooky, I wanted to post my Dean Koontz autographed book here.

I posted this a while ago at my crochet blog before I had a book blog, but I think it's more fitting here:


Last year I sent my fav author Dean Koontz a fan letter
telling him my fav book of his is 'The Taking'.
I also asked him for an autograph and sent him one of my crocheted elephants.
Well, a few weeks later, to my utter amazement, I received mail from him.
He sent me a personally signed hard cover copy of 'The Taking', his newsletter
and a note saying thanks for the letter and the cute elephant!
*faint* need I say more?
I was thrilled! I still have everything he sent, carefully stored and I do take it out now and then to show it off to friends and family who visit.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY