Friday, December 21, 2007






New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

rated: 4 out of 5:









As soon as I was done with Twilight, I had to get New Moon, the second book in the series.

I couldn't wait to find out what happens with Edward and Bella.


The book starts off with Bella's birthday and Edward taking her to his home, where his family has a small party for her. There Bella gets a papercut while opening one of the presents, and Edward has to restrain his 'brother' from attacking Bella at the sight of blood from the cut. After this Edward begins acting cool towards Bella and after a few days, he tells her he and his family are leaving town. And that it will be as if he never existed. He acts like he is tired of her and needs to leave it all behind. He does not say where they are going. Bella is heartbroken and spends the next couple of months depressed over Edwards leaving.






'As much as I struggled not to think of him, I did not struggle to forget. I worried-late in the night when the exhaustion of sleep deprivation broke down my defenses-that it was all slipping away. That my mind was a sieve, and I would someday not be able to remember the precise color if his eyes, the feel of his cool skin, or the texture of his voice. I could not think of them, but I must remember them.

Because there was just one thing that I had to believe to be able to live-I had to know he existed. That was all. Everything else I could endure. So long as he existed.'





Months pass and Bella doesn't hear from Edward or the Cullen family. She begins to spend time with her younger friend Jacob Black. He has always had a crush on her. You can kind of see how Bella is on the 'rebound' and begins to have some feelings towards Jacob. And after spending more and more time with him, Bella starts to come out of her depression. She feels a bit happier and he is obviously in love with her.



Bella spends each day with Jacob, and she starts to do dangerous things, like riding a motorcycle and even cliff-diving. The reason she wants to do these things is to get back at Edward for leaving her and breaking his promises to her. She wants to break her promises to him and put herself in danger. But then, she notices each time she is doing these things, she hears Edwards voice clearly in her head warning her. So this almost becomes an obsession with her. She does dangerous things just to her his voice. She thinks she is going crazy.



Reading this book, you get to see alot more of Jacob. There is an unrequited romance between the two of them. Jacob is in love with her but Bella is still in love with Edward.
Bella sees him more as a best friend, she even wishes he was her brother so she wouldn't have to feel guilty over spending so much time with him and not having the same romantic feelings he has for her. At one point she considers trying to force herself to love him in that way, since she is convinced Edward does not love her anymore.




'I stared back at him. He was not my Jacob, but the could be. His face was familiar and beloved. In so many real ways, I did love him. He was my comfort, my safe harbor. Right now, I could choose to have him belong to me.'




There's werewolves involved in this story and I did find it interesting. I liked the romance between her and Jacob. But I would have wanted to see more of Edward in this book. It's like he is such a main part in book one, that then reading this, you kind of 'look' for him to turn up in the story, yet he doesn't make an appearance for quite a while.





"Before you, Bella, my life was a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars-points of light and reason. ....And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."



(sigh)...This book has alot of sweet romantic scenes, excitement and
I have to read the next book in this series....I'm officially hooked.


visit http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/



this book has also been reviewed by: my reading adventures


savvy verse & wit


maw books



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY