Sunday, July 8, 2007




I got a head start and read On Writing A Memoir of the Craft, by Stephen King so far.


rating: five out of five:





Excellent! I'm a big S.K. fan. I became a bit obsessed with his books after I read 'Needful Things'. I've been hooked since then. I buy his books often, even if I just leave them on my bookshelf for reading later. He's the author I always go back to read and usually don't get disappointed...but he's also the author that pisses me off...ie: 'It', 'The Library Policeman' and 'Black House'. But I won't get into that right now. S.K. novels for me are like chocolate...I can never get enough.


Anyway, I read 'On Writing' and enjoyed it immensely. Some parts made me laugh out loud. S.K. talks a bit about his childhood, where he grew up, his family and about being a writer. Then he goes on to the actual process of writing, he gives his advice and mentions where he gets his ideas from for certain stories. I found it absolutely fascinating. Partly because I'm a S.K. fan but also because I'm a nosy person at heart. I like reading about others lives, if it is interesting enough, which this time it was. He dishes out some great advice in this book, even goes into grammar at one point and gives several examples as he goes along. He gives examples of bad writing verses good writing, he even gives a writing exercise at one point.
He shows how he edits his first draft and even goes into detail about being stuck by a car while going on his daily 4 mile walk.
I highly recommend this read, I didn't want to put the book down once I got started.
And I kind of felt like I got a lesson in writing as well. At the end he lists a few of his reading choices (Harry Potter included).







0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY