Saturday, March 10, 2007

All the Fluffy news about the worlds biggest nuts

Kenny Loggins does a rock-walk: Kenny Loggins, one half of rock duo Loggins and Messina, solo artist and successful children's singer (Return to Pooh Corner is the best children's album going) was honoured with sticking his hands in wet cement on the Hollywood RockWalk on Wednesday. " The RockWalk was established in 1985 to honor musicians who have made a significant contribution to the history of music."


No Vodka for Hendrix: The family of Jimi Hendrix, who have been stalwart in protecting the Hendrix brand since his death in 1971, are upset about Electric Hendrix Vodka(right). The family is upset, partly because alcohol was implicated in Hedrixe's death, but Seattle businessman Craig Dieffenbach "said the lawsuit has no legal basis because a 2005 federal court ruled that Experience Hendrix does not own the rights to Jimi Hendrix's name and image -- just his music."


Next up on our touring oldies road show: Genesis has decided to re-group and do the "lucrative tour circuit," beginning with a show Sept. 7 at BMO Field in Toronto. They will be in Montreal a week later. BMO field, in case you were wondering, is the professional soccer stadium still under construction on the Exhibition grounds. Tickets go on sale this weekend.

Bono goes red over claims RED is in the red: U2 singer Bono's Aids charity is significantly in the red, according to reports this week. Reports say it raised $23 milllion, but cost $130 million is promotions. (Another report I heard said $18 million and $100 million.) The red campaign is a product line where some of the profits go to buy and distribute anti-retroviral medicine "to our brothers and sisters dying of AIDS in Africa." For the record, Bono, or rather his people, was not dispassionate in his denial of the stories.

Saving the world, one Britney at a time: Hip Hop Producer Taimbaland, who has worked with Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado wants to save Britney Spears career. And why?:

"I feel her pain, it really bothers me... I'm the type of person who tries to save the world."

So the world has so few problems in 2007 that saving it amounts to getting a good selling album out of Britney Spears? No wonder traditional news media has been so quick with the Britney's in/Britney's out of rehab stories; the fate of the world depends on it.

Eddie does the Britney: Speaking of rehab, it appears the Van Halen reunion that was cancelled two fluffernutters ago, is off so Eddie Van Halen can get some rehab of his own. From Vanhalen.com:

FROM EDDIE
March 8, 2007

I would like Van Halen fans to know how much I truly appreciate each and every one of you. Without you there is no Van Halen.

I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best. At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best. That’s why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110% that I feel I owe you and want to give you.

Some of the issues surrounding the 2007 Van Halen tour are within my ability to change and some are not. As far as my rehab is concerned, it is within my ability to change and change for the better. I want you to know that is exactly what I’m doing, so that I may continue to give you the very best I am capable of.

I look forward to seeing you in the future better than ever and I thank you with all my heart.

Love,

Ed


On a serious note: Our thoughts and prayers go out to Johnny Depp and his partner, the stunning Vanessa Paradis, who are sitting bedside of their seriously ill daughter Lily-Rose at an undisclosed English hospital. As of this writing, Lily-Rose is apparently improving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY