Friday, January 4, 2008



Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

rated 4 out of 5:






This is the third book in Stephenie Meyer's vampire love saga.
Oh my goodness, juicy, juicy, juicy. I have to say, there is quite the love triangle going on here.

I keep liking Bella less and less though. To me she seems spoiled and childish.
My favorite characters are Edward of course, and Jacob.





'His mouth was not gentle; there was a brand-new edge to conflict and desperation in the way his lips moved. I locked my arms around his neck, and, to my suddenly over heated skin, his body felt colder than ever. I trembled, but it was not from the chill.

He didn't stop kissing me. I was the one who had to break away, gasping for air.
Even then his lips did not leave my skin, they just moved to my throat. The thrill of victory was a strange high, it made me feel powerful Brave. My hands weren't unsteady now; I got through with the buttons on his shirt this time easily, and my fingers traced the perfect planes of his icy chest. He was too beautiful. What was the word he'd used just now? Unbearable-that was it. His beauty was too much to bear...'






In this book Victoria is still after Bella. And there still the threat of the Volturi.
And another vampire has been killing several people in Seattle. So there's plenty of action in this book. You also get to see more about Rosalie & Jasper's past and how they became vampires. You also learn how the werevolves came to be and why they are ememies to the vampires. Bella also graduates high school.







'And I didn't care that I was supposed to be angry with him. I didn't care that I was supposed to be angry with everyone. I reached out for him, found his hands in the darkness, and pulled myself closer to him. His arms encircled me, cradling me to his chest. My lips searched, hunting along his throat, to his chin, till I finally found his lips. Edward kissed me softly for a moment, then he chuckled'








Without giving away too much, Edward and Jacob are full on fighting for Bellas love now. And you definitely gotta like Jacob. His character has matured now and he does seem like a good match for Bella. He's also funny and charming in his own way.






'"No." Jacob shook his head, "I'm exactly right for you, Bella. It would have been effortless for us-comfortable, easy as breathing. I was the natural path your life would have taken..." He stared into space for a moment, and I waited. "If the world was the way it was supposed to be, if there were no monsters or magic..."

I could see what he saw, and I new he was right. If the world was the sane place it was supposed to be, Jacob and I would have been together. And we would have been happy. '






I can't wait for the next installment....


http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/



this book has also been reviewed by: my reading adventures


savvy verse & wit


eclipse



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY