Thursday, June 18, 2009



Booking Through Thursday:



One of my favorite sci-fi authors (Sharon Lee) has declared June 23rd Fantasy and Science Fiction Writers Day.


As she puts it:


So! In my Official Capacity as a writer of science fiction and fantasy, I hereby proclaim June 23 Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Day! A day of celebration and wonder! A day for all of us readers of science fiction and fantasy to reach out and say thank you to our favorite writers. A day, perhaps, to blog about our favorite sf/f writers. A day to reflect upon how written science fiction and fantasy has changed your life.


So … what might you do on the 23rd to celebrate? Do you even read fantasy/sci-fi? Why? Why not?






I'm a fan of sci-fi but for some reason I don't read it as much as I'd like to. I watch the films and tv programs more instead.


One of my favorite Science Fiction reads is
Stephenie Meyer's The Host.







Another very good fantasy read, is Stardust by Neil Gaiman.








And a while ago, when the Star Trek Voyager series first came out, I quickly became a fan. I wound up reading a few of the books based on the series. Don't laugh! They were fun.







I'd like to read more sci-fi, can you recommend any? I've already read Well's 'The War of the Worlds' and enjoyed it too, but I prefer sci-fi with an element of romance in the plot.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY