Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Sunday Salon.com


Happy Sunday everyone. And Happy Father's Day to add the dads out there! We took hubby out to his favorite restaurant today for some Spanish cuisine. Then after filling our bellies we went for a nice walk.




I can't believe it's already June 20th. I feel like the summer is flying by. Sadly, we haven't had that much warm weather here, I haven't even taken the kids to the beach yet, it's been too cold and rainy. We even had hail last week.

Hopefully we'll get some warmer weather soon and it will start feeling like summer.



As far as reading goes, this past week I read and reviewed:

The Convenient Marriage, which I enjoyed very much.







I'm currently reading:


Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict









A World I Never Made









Dear Jane Austen: A Heroine's Guide to Life and Love








And having been inspired by ScrapGirl who posts pictures of her beautiful garden, here are a few photos of my garden so far.


When we bought our house nearly 5 years ago, there was no garden in the backyard and I wanted one badly. So I went out a bought a few plants and started digging. I enjoy digging in the dirt, I find it relaxing for some reason..lol. And it's great to see the results. Each year I add a new plant to my garden. I like the perennials that come back year after year.
I fell in love with these Asiatic Lilies and hubby bought me 4 plants, all different colors.
As the years passed, the orange ones took over. Each year they blossom in June and are very pretty.












A few weeks ago I bought this little tree, it's a tropical plant and it's supposed to blossom with bright yellow flowers. I planted it in a container because it began to die in my garden. It's doing better now. The kids named it 'Tropicana'...lol.
We almost lost Tropicana during the hail storm last week. I had to bring her inside to wait it out.




You can see the hail in this photo, all the icy looking balls:









This is my little rosebush, it gives bright pink flowers.










As you can see by this photo, Diego is perfectly content romping thru the yard. I caught him here sneaking around.





Enjoy your Sunday everyone.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY