Saturday, June 20, 2009



"Reading Challenges: a help or a hurt? Do you find that the reading challenges keep you organized and goal-oriented? Or, do you find that as you near the end of a challenge that you've failed because you fell short of your original goals? As a result of some reading challenges, I've picked up books that I would have otherwise never heard of or picked up; that, frankly, I have loved. Have you experienced the same with challenges? If so, which ones? Do you have favorite reading challenges?"


Great topic this week at WG. Reading Challenges. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good reading challenge. I can't help myself. I do join several reading challenges and I try to complete them, but more often than not I am unable to finish all of them. It's fun trying and I do get to read books that I would not have read otherwise if I hadn't joined certain challenges.

One of my favorite places to find new reading challenges is over @ A Novel Challenge. She posts links to all the challenges on the blog-o-sphere.

If you look on my sidebar on the right, I list the challenges I am currently participating in. They are all fun, and I've met some great bloggers thru these challenges.

I like challenges that are low pressure, this way I don't feel obligated to finish them quickly. One of my favorite reading challenges is Carl's R.I.P reading challenge which runs from September thru October and is all about reading supernatural, thrillers and gothic novels...anything scary.


Some of you know I run my own reading challenge called Romance Reading Challenge which challenges you to read 5 romance books in 12 months. I'm happy to see bloggers participating and enjoying the challenge.







What about you? Do you participate in reading challenges?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY