Monday, June 15, 2009



Mailbox Mondays

The amazing photo above is copyright iammikeb, I found it over @ http://www.flickr.com/

I love the way the sky looks in the background.





It's Monday already....it always sneaks up on me. I wanted to thank everyone who sent my daughter happy birthday wishes :) She had a great day, and had fun with friends and family. I can't believe she is 9 already. Time does fly.



Well, this past week I treated myself to 2 great books:


This Austen book completes my collection of her work. I have the other 5 novels, some of which I have double copies of.





Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen


A wonderfully entertaining coming-of-age story, Northanger Abbey is often referred to as Jane Austen’s “Gothic parody.” Decrepit castles, locked rooms, mysterious chests, cryptic notes, and tyrannical fathers give the story an uncanny air, but one with a decidedly satirical twist.


The story’s unlikely heroine is Catherine Morland, a remarkably innocent seventeen-year-old woman from a country parsonage. While spending a few weeks in Bath with a family friend, Catherine meets and falls in love with Henry Tilney, who invites her to visit his family estate, Northanger Abbey. Once there, Catherine, a great reader of Gothic thrillers, lets the shadowy atmosphere of the old mansion fill her mind with terrible suspicions. What is the mystery surrounding the death of Henry’s mother? Is the family concealing a terrible secret within the elegant rooms of the Abbey? Can she trust Henry, or is he part of an evil conspiracy? Catherine finds dreadful portents in the most prosaic events, until Henry persuades her to see the peril in confusing life with art.





I've heard so many good things about The Bell Jar, and I'd been wanting to get a copy for a while.






The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

Plath was an excellent poet but is known to many for this largely autobiographical novel. The Bell Jar tells the story of a gifted young woman's mental breakdown beginning during a summer internship as a junior editor at a magazine in New York City in the early 1950s. The real Plath committed suicide in 1963 and left behind this scathingly sad, honest and perfectly-written book, which remains one of the best-told tales of a woman's descent into insanity.





Enjoy your Monday, what books arrived at your place this week?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY