Tuesday, December 28, 2010








Really Random Tuesday is hosted by Suko.




According to the New York Times, these are the top ten books of 2010. Have you read any of these? I haven't, but I have seen two reviewed by fellow bloggers, Room and Cleopatra.




FREEDOM by Jonathan Franzen

THE NEW YORKER STORIES By Ann Beattie

ROOM By Emma Donoghue

SELECTED STORIES By William Trevor

A VISIT FROM THE GOON SQUAD By Jennifer Egan

APOLLO’S ANGELS: A History of Ballet By Jennifer Homans

CLEOPATRA: A Life By Stacy Schiff

THE EMPEROR OF ALL MALADIES: A Biography of Cancer By Siddhartha Mukherjee

FINISHING THE HAT: Collected Lyrics (1954-1981) With Attendant Comments, Principles, Heresies, Grudges, Whines and Anecdotes By Stephen Sondheim

THE WARMTH OF OTHER SUNS: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration By Isabel Wilkerson



They also have a notable books of 2010 list here.

Among them are THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET’S NEST By Stieg Larsson, THE LOTUS EATERS By Tatjana Soli and LIFE By Keith Richards.



My current reads:



I'm reading The Lotus Eaters as part of the TLC book tour in January. What a lovely cover and intriguing read, I'm excited about this one.






I'm wrapping up my 2010 reads with Blood of my Brother by James LePore and I truly enjoyed this one. It's set in my hometown of New Jersey and I got a kick out of seeing the characters at different locations I'm familiar with.




Tomorrow I'll be posting my review of WANTED UNDEAD OR ALIVE: Vampire Hunters And Other Kick-Ass Enemies of Evil and Thursday my review of Here on Earth will be up.






I'm also working on my 2010 wrap-up post. I've seen a few bloggers have theirs up already and I do enjoy reading everyones lists of favorites and not so favorites.




Lastly, we had a snow day yesterday. I got to stay home with hubby and the children as we were snowed in with 24 inches here.

The white stuff started falling Sunday around noon and didn't stop until Monday morning. We were declared to be in a state of emergency and thankfully all businesses were closed.


This is the view from my front door.







My youngest was excited to play in the snow.






It was back to the old grind today but I'm very grateful to have had Monday off :) Enjoy your Tuesday everyone.














0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY