Sunday, December 26, 2010



The Sunday Salon.com



Hello blogging friends, I hope those of you who celebrate had a wonderful Christmas.
I love this time of year, spent with family and friends, but I am glad when it's finally over. It's so hectic at times with all the hustle and bustle.



We had a very nice Christmas here. Christmas eve I was very busy cooking and baking up a storm here at home. My sister came to visit and the two of us wound up having a glass of wine after dinner and watching Love Actually while the children played. Christmas Day we all gathered at my mom's house and had a really nice time with good food and family.



Santa was indeed very good to me, he got me the Canon Powershot camera, which I love. I was in need of a new camera badly. Hubby went a picked out a great one.





My son gave me a barnes and nobles gift card and a book light. His gift made me tear up of course.

The children were so excited on Christmas morning, they woke hubby and myself up at around 7am. Santa was good to them too. My daughter requested all things Justin Bieber. I'm sooooo waiting for her to get over the whole J.B. thing. I don't tell her but I think Justin Bieber is one of the most annoying people on the planet at the moment...lol.





Here are a few photos I took with my new camera :) The one above is of Diego yesterday while I was walking him.



This is Diego mid-yawn on Christmas morning as the children were opening their gifts. He looks like he's laughing.






These are my fruit tarts. I make these every Christmas. If anyone is interested, the recipe is no-bake and really simple.

All you need are the prepared graham cracker crusts. The little ones that come in tin foil cups. You can find them in the baking section at the supermarket.
You take one can of sweetened condensed milk and one bar of Philadelphia cream cheese.

In a bowl, blend the condensed milk and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Keep blending it well until it's smooth and creamy. I like to break up the cream cheese first with a spoon for easier blending. Once it's nice and smooth, add in a tablespoon of lemon juice, to offset the sweetness a bit. Blend it some more.
Then spoon the filling into the cups and refrigerate at least three hours or until the filling is somewhat firm. I prefer to leave them overnight to set. Right before serving, top with a bit of fruit. I like to use raspberries. Viola :)





Here is Diego sitting on my sons lap. He's wearing his Christmas tee shirt that says 'sweet' on the back.





This is my sisters Morkie (maltese yorkie) named Archie. He refuses to stay still for a second for a photo. But I did manage to snap a pic, though blurry because he was shaking his head. Archie and Diego are BFF.






Hubby and I :)










And now that Christmas is over, we are awaiting the first snow storm of the season.
The white stuff started falling already and is supposed to continue throughout tomorrow morning (just in time for my Monday morning commute). I'll be sure to take some pics with my new camera and post them in the upcoming week. Enjoy your Sunday everyone!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY