Monday, February 18, 2008

Pride & Prejudice





As part of Becky's Mini Austen Challenge, I've been watching
PBS Masterpiece Theatere Complete Jane Austen.
The past few weeks they've been playing Pride & Prejudice. I've never seen this version before, and it is wonderful.

Colin Firth plays an excellent Mr. Darcy.





Which Mr. Darcy do you prefer? Matthew McFadyen or Colin Firth?



"She is tolerable, I suppose, but not handsome enough to tempt me."




-----------------------







I've also watched 'Miss Austen Regrets'. It is based on the life and letters of Jane Austen. It was interesting to see a bit about Miss Austens life. She had a marriage proposal from a wealthy man she declined. She also met a handsome young doctor who she was interested in. You see how her mother blames her for never marrying. And how her family almost makes fun of her for her writing instead of marrying and raising a family. She died at age 41 with never having married.

"My darling girl...this is the real world -- the only way to get a man like Mr. Darcy is to make him up." -Jane Austen in 'Miss Austen Regrets'





I've found a good Jane Austen site:
http://www.austen-beginners.com/index.htm


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY