Monday, February 25, 2008

Joanne over at Blue Like You suggests that she's going to get behind John Tory now that the issue has been decided:

I made a promise to stop slagging Tory once a decision was made and I intend to keep it. At this point the party must attempt to come together or we will end up in the same position as the Federal Liberals.
Sorry Joanne but myself, I made a different kind of promise:

I pass a message on to Freedom Party leader Paul McKeever: if the PC's can't put up a better leader, somebody who is not a red Tory, then count me in for 2011 - assuming of course you want me.
So Joanne, no, I will not get on board. I understand that choosing politicians is always a bit of a compromise, but why must I make all the compromises. And I'll tell you something else Joanne, John Tory has more in common with Joe Clark than just leadership review numbers: policy - check; electability - check; long term decimation of the party he leads - lets just hope not.

Frankly, I'm not really planning on running for anybody and I hope a Freedom Party candidate can be found for my riding. However, four years is a long way away and anything can happen: Hey! I work in the auto industry. Four years from now I might have nothing better to do.

But Joanne, I don't see me getting on board with John Tory, and I sure don't see that I will "stop slagging Tory." When Conservatives refuse to act conservative, I am slagging them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY