Wednesday, April 27, 2011



April is the cruellest month, breeding


Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing


Memory and desire, stirring


Dull roots with spring rain.


Winter kept us warm, covering


Earth in forgetful snow, feeding


A little life with dried tubers.


Summer surprised us, coming over the Starnbergersee


With a shower of rain; we stopped in the colonnade,


And went on in sunlight, into the Hofgarten,


And drank coffee, and talked for an hour.






-
quoted from T.S. Eliot's The Waste Land.











If you're a regular at my blog, you'll know that I love poetry. I enjoy posting poems here and sharing them with my readers as well as reading poems on other blogs. I've gotten some great feedback on my posts and I am happy you are all enjoying discovering new poets.



April (even though it's almost over) is actually National Poetry Month.


Inaugurated by the Academy of American Poets in 1996, National Poetry Month is now held every April, when publishers, booksellers, literary organizations, libraries, schools and poets around the country band together to celebrate poetry and its vital place in American culture.



Read more at Poets.org and while you're there, browse the site and maybe check out a poem or two.



Among my many favorites are Neruda, Frost, Angelou, Dickinson, Shakespeare, Lowell and Hughes. Who are your favorite poets?



Check out the Savvy Verse & Wit blog where Serena is promoting poetry and poets.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY