Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why have I now become interested in what Richard Dawkins has to say?

I have always admired and quoted him in many of my posts. I had failed to read any of his works due to lack of time and money to purchase the books…and he has many.




This holiday I received a gift from my youngest daughter and it was “Richard Dawkins, The Oxford Book of Modern Science Writing” I couldn’t have been more delighted. I was actually craving one of his books, wanting to read something intelligent and compelling…of which there is so little out there.


After sleeping through a hundred million centuries
we have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet,
sparkling with color, bountiful with life. Within decades
we must close our eyes again. Isn’t it a noble, an enlightened
way of spending our brief time in the sun, to work at
understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it?
This is how I answer when I am asked . . . why I bother to get up in the mornings.

-- Richard Dawkins

PHOTO SOURCE: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nndb.com/people/281/000024209/dawkins.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY