Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dead Until Dark


Dead Until Dark (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 1)


author: Charlaine Harris

genre: paranormal romance

pages: 292

published:2001

first line: I'd been waiting for the vampire for years when he walked into the bar.

rated: 4 out of 5





I finally picked up a copy of Dead Until Dark , I was beginning to feel like the only blogger left who hadn't read this one.

Sookie Stackhouse is a waitress in a small town in Louisiana. She has a special ability, she can read minds. In Sookie's world, vampires are commonplace. So when one gorgeous vampire named Bill walks into the restaurant where she works, she takes notice of him right away. After he gets into a bit of a bind, Sookie saves his life and the two become attached then and there. As the story progresses there's murder and mystery involved.



I found myself laughing out loud while reading quite a few times. I think my favorite term in the book is 'fang banger', which are vampire groupies basically. I liked the love scenes and found this book had just the right dose of romance, humor and mystery. I like Sookie's character and found her to be smart, funny and sassy. I like Bill too, and wanted the two to get together right from the start.

His kiss deepened, and I parted my lips. I'd never been kissed like this. It went on and on until I thought the whole world was involved in this kiss in the vampire's mouth on mine.






My one problem with this book was that I liked but didn't love Bill. I don't think his character was that strong, I like my heroes to be memorable. When I think about favorite literary vampires, Bill will not be on my top favs. I would consider reading the second installment in this series though.



also reviewed by mariel




True Blood has been made into a series. Have you seen it?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY