Sunday, April 11, 2010



The Sunday Salon.com


Happy Sunday Salon everyone. First off, let me start by saying 'thank you' for your nice comments on my post from Friday. I do appreciate that, you guys make me smile :)

I've had a very nice weekend, yesterday hubby took me for a long drive into Upstate New York, through the countryside. We decided to just play it by ear and didn't really have a destination. So we ended up finding a Winery were we did wine tasting and had a nice afternoon snack of cheeses, fruits and bread. It was such a nice little outing for the two of us. We sat outside and ate and enjoyed some live music. On the way home we bought a homemade apple pie. Dopey me, I didn't take photos. Hubby did take this shot of me. I know I've mentioned drinking wine twice this week, but I promise, I'm not a lush...lol. I actually rarely drink.



On a book related note, I have a review ready for tomorrow, Cormac McCarthy's The Road. All I will say for now is that I'm giving this book a 5 star rating. It really moved me and the writing was poetic.






I'm currently reading:



Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure and Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country by Allan R. Shickman. I'm reading these with my daughter, and we are enjoying it so far. I'd say this is a coming of age story for kids ages 8-13. It's got an interesting storyline and setting and some good plot twists and turns.



Also reading:


The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure. This is a favorite film of mine and i've been wanting to read the book for a while.





On a final note, congrats to all who participated in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon for April. That's awesome :)
Enjoy your Sunday everyone. What are you up to?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY