Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Sunday Salon.com

Happy Sunday Salon everyone. I hope you are enjoying your weekend.
I've had a busy reading and blogging week. There's always so many books to read and just not enough time in the day to get it done.
And to make matters worse, I get sidetracked easily. So now, I've given into temptation and picked up The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, Book 2) by Gena Showalter.


I bought a copy a while back and was resisting reading it until I was caught up with my other books, but I caved yesterday and started this one anyway. So far, so good! I read the first in this series last year, and was hooked. So if you're into paranormals/romance/alpha males, this is the series for you.







Now onto my main topic for this post, authors who are really sweet. Since starting my book blog I have met a few authors online who have all been really nice. They've stopped by my blog for interviews and to post comments, they've sent me signed copies of thier books, they've taken time out to email me and thank me for reading and reviewing thier book. Some have even offered to do book giveaways for my blog readers. It's authors like this that I don't forget. The authors who go out of thier way to do something extra to let you know they appreciate your reading and reviewing thier work.





Some of my blog readers remember my recent review of Laurie Dean's childrens book: Baron Thinks Dogs Are People Too! .




Well, Laurie was kind enough to email me 'thank you' card after I reviewed her book. I thought that was a very sweet gesture!


Thank you Laurie!



I've been lucky to have been in contact with some wonderful authors online and gotten the chance to read thier work. Joshua Henkin, Laurie Viera Rigler, Catherine Ryan Hyde, Ruth Ann Nordin, Kelly Hollingsworth, Maria Murnane , Nancy Madore ....just to name a few. These are authors who have really made an impression.





What about you? Have you come across authors who have gone out of thier way to show you thier appreciation? If so, who was it?


Enjoy your Sunday and happy reading :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY