Thursday, July 30, 2009


title: The Tales of Beedle the Bard

author: J.K. Rowling

genre: childrens/fantasy

published: 2007

pages: 111

rated: 4 out of 5








The Tales of Beedle the Bard is a collection of 5 fairy tales, each of them teaching a lesson to the reader.
The commentary and footnotes are by none other than Professor Dumbledore.


The tales included are:

The Wizard and the Hopping Pot, The Fountain of Fair Fortune, The Warlock's Hairy Heart, Babbity Rabbity and Her Cackling Stump and The Tale of the Three Brothers.


I think my favorite of the stories was The Warlock's Hairy Heart. As creepy as it was, it grabbed my attention the most. Having said that, that story is the one I would not recommend for young children.




I enjoyed reading this collection and I think most Harry Potter fans would enjoy it too. And very cool that J.K. Rowling is donating proceeds of the book sales to charity. I found the commentaries and footnotes by Dumbledore to be especially charming. If I remember correctly, The Tales of Beedle the Bard was mentioned in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY