Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Sunday Salon.com
Happy Sunday Salon everyone. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas :) We had a nice one here, thought I am glad it's finally over. I think there's just too much hustle and bustle during this time of year.

Santa was good to me this year, and got me the new Stephen King book I asked for as well as the perfume I wanted :)

And friends spoiled me with gift cards to BarnesnNobles, Starbucks and two of my favorite clothing stores. So I can be well dressed and smell good, while reading and drinking a latte :)



We did have a snowstorm last week, and my kids enjoyed the first snow day of the year. I wrapped Diego up in his coat and took him outside with the children to see his reaction to the white stuff. He was weary at first, but then he actually liked it. He was running around in it.





My son was pulling my daughter on her sled, and Diego was chasing them. After about five minutes of playtime, I brought Diego inside, he's such a tiny little thing.




Once inside, Diego cuddled on the couch with me for his usual massage. By the look on his face, can you tell he's a pampered pup?







Now, I wanted to share my list of Favorite Bookish Quotes of 2009.



I have found some excellent books this past year and I thought I'd share my favorites, just a few tidbits from books that really stood out as I was reading. Passages that made me go 'awwwww' or 'wow, that was good', as I read them. That's how I know the book I'm reading is good, when a passage jumps out at me and grabs my attention. I love it when that happens.




Here they are in no particular order. Well, I think the Benny & Shrimp one is possibly my favorite.




1.


title: Benny & Shrimp



author: Katarina Mazetti

Love makes others into doves,

gazelles, cats, peacocks-but I,

quivering, wet, and transparent-

am your jellyfish.








2.

title: The Other Boleyn Girl



author: Philippa Gregory




There was nothing I could do but take second place and smile. The king might bed me at night, but all the day he was Anne's. For the first time in all the long while that I had been his lover I felt like a whore indeed, and it was my own sister who shamed me.










3.


title: Best Intentions


author: Emily Listfield




The past is never really over. Our interpretation of it may shift like a kaleidescope, it may inform us or lead us astray, it may bring comfort or delusion, an excuse to hate or a reason to love. Some of us race too quickly to try to escape it, some of us cling so tightly it blinds us to the present. But one way or another, it is always with us.







4.


title: Frederica


author: Georgette Heyer



She would have drawn her hand away as he spoke, but he prevented her, lifting it from the banister, and lightly kissing it. She had the oddest sensation of having suffered an electric shock; she even felt a trifle dizzy; and it was several moments after he had left her before she went back into the drawing room. It was no longer customary for gentlemen to kiss hands; and although oldfashioned persons frequently kissed the hands of married ladies, his lordship was not oldfashioned, and she was not married.








5.


title: Tao Te Ching


author: Lao-Tse


He who knows other men is discerning; he who knows himself is intelligent. He who overcomes others is strong; he who overcomes himself is mighty.





6.

title: Just Ella

author: Margaret Peterson Haddix
If I'd learned nothing else from my life thus far, it was that you don't always end up where you think you're going.




7.

title: Stardust

author: Neil Gaiman


He imagined he could see the very faces of the stars; pale they were and smiling gently, as if they had spent so much time above the world, watching the scrambling and the joy and the pain of the people below them, that they could not help being amused every time another little human believed itself the center of its world, as each of us does.




8.

title: Inkheart
author: Cornelia Funke



He was probably right, but there was another reason why Meggie took her books whenever they went away. They were her home when she was somewhere strange. They were familiar voices, friends that never quarreled with her, clever, powerful friends-daring and knowledgeable, tried and tested adventurers who traveled far and wide.




9.


title: Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict

author: Laurie Viera Rigler


I do not know how I come to be in this time, in this place, in this body. But I do know that any place where there are six novels by the author of Pride & Prejudice must be a very special sort of heaven.





10.

title: Just After Sunset

author: Stephen King

No, she thinks from her place by the sink. I don't want to hear the scary part. But at the same time she does want to hear the scary part, everyone wants to hear the scary part, we're all mad here, and her mother really did say that if you told your dreams they wouldn't come true, which meant you were supposed to tell the nightmares and save the good ones for yourself, hide them like a tooth under the pillow.





11.
title: Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair

author: Pablo Neruda


As all things are filled with my soul

You emerge from the things

Filled with my soul

You are like my soul

A butterfly of dream

And you are like the word: Melancholy





Those are some of my favorites, what are yours?

How was your holiday everyone? I'll be trying to catch up on blog visiting today, enjoy your Sunday :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY