Thursday, March 6, 2008

Carpe Demon




What would happen if Buffy the Vampire Slayer got married, moved to the suburbs and became a stay-at-home mom?


Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner

rated: 5 out of 5












I went to the library to get a quick and free book fix, and I stumbled upon:
Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner. I picked it up strictly because of the fun book cover. And I am glad I did.





Kate Connor, stay-at-home mother of 2 and devoted wife, used to be a demon slayer. She is now 'retired' for the past 14 years, but runs into a demon at the local Walmart. She and her hubby moved to the suburbs in California to raise their family in a nice, quiet home. Kate thought her town as demon-free. Kate's hubby, Stuart, and their 14 year old daughter, Allie, don't know about her past. Allie, is from her first husband, who was also a demon-slayer and is now is deceased. She has a 2 year old baby boy, Timmy, from Stuart.


As the story goes on, Kate realizes there are demons in San Diablo, the town where she lives. She ends up having to pick up her demon hunting career again. Kate has an 'alimentore' or mentor, named Larson who basically helps her find the demons and destroy them.




'I let out a little sigh of relief and glanced at the clock. I had exactly forty-three minutes to clean up the mess in my kitchen, dispose of a dead demon, and pull together a dinner party. After that, I could turn my attention to figuring out what a demon was doing in San Diablo. And more important, why he had attacked me.

But first, the rigatoni.

Did I have my priorities straight, or what?'




This was a fun read, I couldn't put this book down. There's humor in it, mystery and suspense. I really enjoyed it and recommend this one.


Now I will have to get more of her books, I always love finding a great author that I haven't read before.



http://www.juliekenner.com/


this read is part of the following challenges:

suspense & thriller

TBR



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY