Saturday, March 22, 2008

The nutty stories from the fluffy world of celebrities.

Singer Sheryl Crow says she is set to work with Fleetwood Mac sometime in the near future:

I don't want to make any official announcements, but I will say that we definitely have plans for collaborating in the future, and we'll see what happens.
Crow would, apparently be replacing Stevie Nicks, who has indicated she would leave Fleetwood Mac without keyboardist Christine McVie, who herself retired in 1998. While no time line was given, Crow suggested this could happen next year.

I for one, think Sheryl Crow would look good in those long flowing Stevie Nicks dresses.

Or not.

Well, it's over and Heather Mills gets $50M and a tattered reputation for four years marriage. Hope she found it worth it. While the judge ripped her a new one, indicating her evidence was "inconsistent", "inaccurate", "less than candid" and that "overall she was a less than impressive witness." He also said her view of her marriage was "make-belief." But never let it be said that Heather Mills doesn't think higher of herself than the rest of the human population does: "...it was an incredible result, in the end, to secure my and my daughter's future, and that of all the charities that I obviously plan on helping and making a difference with - because you know it has been my life for 20 years."

Eliot Spitzer ho Ashley Dupre got some pay back for her wild ways this week. Girls Gone Wild was set to pay her $1M for promotion work. It was soon discovered, however, that Dupre had already done some free work for the video firm, letting it all hang out as a Girl Gone Wild a few years ago. And that is how you say, buh-bye to $1M Ashley.

I am on the mailing list of this two-bit record label that I don't recall subscribing to, but probably did. I get occasional e-mails from them, usually highlighting new releases from artists I have no or little knowledge of. But occasionally, I get personalized e-mails from the rap group The Beastie Boys. It is my firm belief these messages are why God (and Bill Gates) invented the delete key. This week, however, I got an interesting message from the Beasties:

hey all, things are really getting intense in tibet now. i just hope that all of the suffering that these protesters are enduring leads to some positive change. below is a news bulletin that i got this morning. please take the time to write to your local congress representative and ask them to get to work. it would be sad if what is happening in tibet now had no constructive result...

I am of the shut up and sing school of musical thought, but this one gave me pause. I agree very much with the sentiment that the international community needs to do more for Tibet, but I still wish I wasn't getting e-mail updates from The Beastie Boys on the subject - [Delete].

The weekly Led Zeppelin update, courtesy of Ramble On:

Canadian Eggs, a Canadian folk music magazine has named Raising Sand as the critics choice for top folk album of 2007... Plant has received numerous awards through the years, but it may be a safe bet that critics choice for top folk album is not one of them, until now.


Congrats also to Levon Helm, who's excellent album Dirt Farmer came in at 5th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY