Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Well, I'm currently reading Dan Brown's "Angels & Demon's" & Ronald Cutler's "The Secret Scroll". Both of these novels have religious themes involved. Angel's & Demon's deals with religion & science and a vendetta against the Catholic Church. The Secret Scroll is about the discovery of an ancient piece of writing presumed to be written by Christ. I'm enjoying both books and will have reviews up soon.

After I'm done with these novels....I'll be wanting to read something a bit 'lighter'. Read on and let me know if you have any suggestions for my next reading selection....which I hope to be a fairy tale, preferably one with a bit of romance.







I recently watched Enchanted.

The movie begins in the animated world of Andalasia. Prince Edward and Giselle fall in love and plan to marry the following day.


Giselle is thrown out of her magic kingdom by a curse from her evil potential mother-in-law on her wedding day. She ends up in real-life New York City where Robert and his young daughter come to her aid. Throughout the film, Giselle spontaneously bursts into song and dance, and goes on and on about 'happily ever after'. All the while waiting for her Prince Charming, Edward to come and rescue her.





This movie has magic, humor, romance, an evil queen and a poison apple in it...all the makings for a great fairy tale.






This is one of the cutest movies I've ever seen, and I am a sucker for a good love story so of course I enjoyed this one.

Another thing I loved about the film was that it has so many other references to Disney movies in it. Like 'The Little Mermaid', 'Snow White' and 'Cinderella'.







So, I'm definitely in the mood to read a fairy tale type book...any suggestions?
I'm wanting to get started on the Once Upon a Time reading challenge.
I'm thinking Ella Enchanted and The Princess Bride for starters...does anyone know of any other good ones?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY