Monday, May 12, 2008

weekly geeks 3




This weeks theme is: 'write about our fond memories of childhood books'


I had blogged about this once before...so I'm re-posting it:




I've always been an avid reader. When I was about 12, I decided to subscribe myself to a book club called 'Especially for Girls'. Without my mother's permission or knowledge, I filled out the registration card and mailed it out. Well, the books began to arrive soon, wonderful stories, I still have a few....'Trouble With Thirteen' & 'Karen Kepplewhite is the Worlds Best Kisser'. I really liked the kissing story. I still remember it, Karen Kepplewhite would practice kissing on trees...her pillow...cantaloupes...lol! And she'd repeat the mantra Karen Kepplewhite is the Worlds Best Kisser every night before falling asleep.




Needless to say, my mother soon found out and was furious at my ordering books without her permission & at the bill....but let me stay with the club, she knew her daughter was a hopeless bookworm. How can you stay angry at a kid who was being sneaky to get books :)



I also loved the Highlights magazine and have my daughter subscribed to it now.



Well, thankfully my love of books and writing passed on to my own 2 children. They both enjoy reading and we have quite the collection of childrens books here as well.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY