Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Moon





title: New Moon

genre: drama, fantasy, romance

release date: November 20 2009

rated: 4 stars out of 5




I went on opening night with a few of my girlfriends to watch the second installment of the Twilight films. I survived the long lines and the screeching teeny boppers and am here to tell the tale.


In this second film, it's Bella's birthday and as she celebrates at the Cullens home, she has an accident and hurts herself, bleeding badly. After she is almost killed by the vampire Jasper, Edward decides to have his family leave town and leave Bella (for her own good of course). So Bella becomes depressed, and starts hanging out with Jacob Black. She also realizes that whenever she does something dangerous, she has visions of Edward. So of course, she decides to become an adrenaline junkie, so she can see him. She also finds out that Jacob is a werewolf.
Edward, on the other hand, becomes misinformed and thinks that Bella has died. So he goes to Italy, to sacrifice himself to the Volturi, who are the vampire mafia, if you will. Alice comes back and tells Bella that since Edward thinks she is dead, he's going to kill himself. Bella then heads out to Italy with Alice to stop him.



I'm a fan of the Twilight books, mostly the first three, being that I didn't enjoy the fourth installment too much. I thought the first Twilight film was kind of cheesy with bad acting. I must say, this second movie was better. The special effects were much better in this one. I was really looking forward to seeing the wolves, which did look really good. Some of the scenes were great, like when the werewolves are chasing Vittoria through the woods. Another scene that was really well done is when Edward fights one of the Volturi.

In this scene below, Bella finally finds Edward in Italy.





I also like how they portrayed Bella's depression after Edward leaves her. They just show her sitting in a chair in her room as the months go by. Not that I agree with the thought of a teenager being severely depressed for several months after her boyfriend leaves her, but I thought they did a good job translating it on screen.







I think Jacob Black fans really have some eye candy in store for them, he's shirtless for about the second half of the film. What are they feeding this boy?





All in all, I enjoyed New Moon, much more than I expected to.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY