Sunday, July 18, 2010

Oxegen? Hmm..

Yes it was 2 weeks ago, but I feel a need to blog about the enormous event - Oxegen. Building up to it, I was so excited and buying all my bits and bobs. Afterwards, I found myself not using half of the shit I bought and going home unimpressed. Don't get me wrong - I loved the music and I saw some of my favourite artists, but the whole camping thing? It didn't work for me, at all. Most people can camp for days without a bother, but it really wasn't my cup of tea. Insects making their homes in my tent, muck everywhere and then followed by mud from the torrential rain we experienced. The curse of Oxegen - it always rains. But of course it was gorgeous out the day I was leaving. My advice to anyone going to a festival in the future is don't spend a load of money on clothes and food, bring a ton of money with you - for food (or timetables, merch etc) and don't go expecting the best weather. To add to my horrific ordeal, some of my 'friends' decided to be shitheads and bitch about me - to put a long story short. So I ended up fucking off to half of the gigs on my own, not just because of this, but I also thought 'why should I pay €250 to see the bands other people want to see?'. I was going to go to the bands I liked, and I did. I took little pictures on my phone, due to me trying to save memory, but here they are, along with a few my friends took! As you can see I was covered in mud - due to the fact, myself and a few other friends decided to jump in the mud during Dizzee Rascal... why not? It was Oxegen! 
On the Friday I saw Vampire Weekend and Simian Mobile Disco (DJ Set).. not much, but they were both great! Vampire Weekend's music usually bores me after a while, but live they were fantastic - the lead singer is a bit of a babe too!
On the Saturday I saw Dizzee Rascal, a bit of Florence And The Machine, Ellie Goulding, Kids In Glass Houses and La Roux. I got to the barrier for Ellie and La Roux so I was chuffed! They were all fantastic to be honest, I was so pissed off Florence and Ellie were clashing but I ran to Florence after Ellie, and caught a good few tunes!
On the Sunday I saw Eminem, 30 Seconds To Mars, The Temper Trap, Kate Nash, The High Kings and Mystery Jets. I got to the barrier for 30stm and Mystery Jets so I was chuffed (I overuse that word...). It was my second time seeing 30stm. The last time I saw them was years ago at the Ambassador and they were 2 hours late! They were amazing this time around though, I rang my Dad for mostly all of it as he loves them. Eminem, of course, was unreal.. the amount of people who went to see him was crazy!
I went home on the Sunday night as I was going to London the next day - thank god! In future, I think I'll just buy a day pass - the camping was horrible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY