Saturday, May 23, 2009








Again with Memorial Day Weekend here in the U.S. starting traditionally on Friday evening, it also is unofficially the start of summer. You've probably been asked this in other meme groups in which you participate, but do your reading habits change over the summer? Do you choose lighter fare? What do you enjoy to take to the beach, for example? What is the ultimate summer book? OR what are your favorite travel guides -- official or unofficial guides? Again, an example, I think of Holidays In Hell by P.J. O'Rourke, of places I'd rather not vacation. Along those lines, where do you vacation? Any places you recommend or even don't recommend?




First off, I want to wish everyone in the U.S. a Happy Memorial Day weekend.

As far as summer reading goes, I always enjoy lounging on my back porch reading a good book. And I always take a book on vacation and to the beach.
I don't drastically change what I normally read just because summer is here, but I might pick up a few lighter reads during the summer. And I tend not to read books set in the winter during summer months.

A few reads I recommend are:

If you're in the mood for something fun and light:



The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants





Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom





Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict





If you're in the mood for something more serious and dramatic:




The Mermaid Chair






Odd Thomas




Everything's Eventual





The Poisonwood Bible






Do you recommend and summer reads?

Whatever you chose to read this summer, enjoy it!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY