Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Sunday Salon.com

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you are enjoying your weekend. We've been enjoying the fall weather and the beautiful colors as the leaves are changing.




I'm currently reading:




Incantation by Alice Hoffman

This is a YA novel set in the 1500's. Sixteen year old Estrella lives in a world where Jewish people are murdered and books are burned in the streets. Many secrets are kept and Estrella soon learns a few about her own family. I'm enjoying this book and should have my review up this coming week. I enjoy Alice Hoffman's writing, so much of it reads like poetry.


It doesn't look as if i'm going to reach my goal of 100 books this year. I'm up to 53 books so far. Personally, I think that's good though. I've read some wonderful books this past year and discovered a few great new authors. I am going to try and get in 15-20 more reads before the year is through.





I'll leave you with a few photos of our apple picking trip from yesterday.

I thought this was very cool, I spotted a praying mantis as we set out on our trip. Can you see him?












We've been going to the same apple orchard for 5 years, and it's just so beautiful up there. It always looks to me like something out of a Jane Austen novel.











I had this great idea to climb up on this tree, but then once up there....not so fun anymore...lol. Hubby had to come and help me down.



Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone. What were you up to this weekend? Reading anything good?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY