Monday, October 26, 2009





I just love scary movies. Sadly, i'm the only one in my household who does. Sometimes i'm able to convince hubby to watch a scary movie with me, but usually I wind up watching it alone at night, in my livingroom, cuddled up on the sofa. And now that Halloween is just around the corner, I like to re-watch a few of my favorites and watch some new ones too.



Here's just a few of my favorite scary movies in no particular order....


1.

The Strangers


plot: A young couple staying in an isolated vacation home are terrorized by three unknown assailants.

Ummmmm....this movie had me jumping out of my seat. The suspense was freaking great, I was scared as heck and the masks....really, really freaked me out. After watching this one, you may never want to stay home alone again.
I had my sister watch this one with me, and when it was time for her to leave my house, my hubby had to walk her to her car, she was that scared...lol.






2.
The Shining



plot: A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil and spiritual presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future.


Based on Stephen Kings book, The Shining is one of those movies where you just feel so bad for the characters in it and wish things would turn out okay. It's a classic. And FYI, it's a very bad idea to isolate yourselves in a haunted hotel over the winter months. The book was excellent as well, highly recommended.


Redrum. Redrum. Redrum.




3.
Halloween


plot: A psychotic murderer institutionalized since childhood escapes on a mindless rampage while his doctor chases him through the streets.



The original Halloween is one of my all time favorite horror movies. I watched it when I was little, so it scared the living daylights out of me. To this day, I cannot see a Michael Myers mask without getting creeped out. I think it's the way that Michael doesn't even have to run after you to get you, he'll slowly catch up to you. The sequels were okay, and I think Rob Zombie's remake was good too, but the original is classic.




Dr. Sam Loomis: I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... the *devil's* eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... *evil*.







4.
The Exorcist


plot: When a teenager is possessed by a mysterious entity, her mother seeks the help of two priests to save her daughter.



Another movie that I watched when I was about 11 and OMG, no movie has scared me that badly. I won't rewatch it. Ever. And it's based on a true story.






5.

The Grudge

plot: An American nurse living and working in Tokyo is exposed to a mysterious supernatural curse, one that locks a person in a powerful rage before claiming their life and spreading to another victim.



Almost every scene in The Grudge creeped me out. And that creepy noise it makes.....croaaaaaakkkkkkkkk...OMG :( If you hear a noise like that over the phone, run for your life.

When someone dies in the grip of a powerful rage... a curse is born. The curse gathers in that place of death. Those who encouter it will be consumed by its fury.





6.
Dawn of the Dead

plot: A nurse, a policeman, a young married couple, a salesman, and other survivors of a worldwide plague that is producing aggressive, flesh-eating zombies, take refuge in a mega Midwestern shopping mall.


Who doesn't enjoy a good zombie movie? This one was really creepy and now I think empty malls are scary places too. This one is not for the squeamish.





7.

Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho


plot: A young woman steals $40,000 from her employer's client, and subsequently encounters a young motel proprietor too long under the domination of his mother.



Another movie I watched when I was little, and wow. I was fascinated to find out that Norman Bates' mother was actually dead. There's a scene where you see 'mother' looking out from the upstairs window, but the curtain is closed so all you see is her shadow...it's the little things like that in this film that are genius, what a perfect horror film. For me, Norman Bates is one of the scariest characters in horror flicks because he just seemes so normal at first. The voice of 'mother' also creeps me out every single time. Classic.






8.

Interview With the Vampire

plot: A vampire tells his epic life story: love, betrayal, loneliness, and hunger.


Based on Anne Rice's book, Interview With the Vampire is one of those movies that you cannot help watch and be completely drawn in by. I think even those who don't like horror flicks might like this one. The vampires are beautiful, oh Brad! And the dialogue is great, theres a few lines directly quoted from the book.


Louis: Her blood coursed through my veins sweeter than life itself. And as it did, Lestat's words made sense to me. I knew peace only when I killed and when I heard her heart in that terrible rhythm, I knew again what peace could be.





9.
The Ring


plot: A young journalist must investigate a mysterious videotape which seems to cause the death of anyone in a week of viewing it.


This movie scared me so badly while watching it that I could barely move. At the end when she comes out of the television, I almost cried, I was that scared. And of course, I was watching this while home alone.



I think before you die, you see the ring...





10.


Sleepy Hollow

I recently posted about this movie here at my blog. I love that it's dark and gloomy, the atmosphere is perfect throughout, so many scenes are beautiful to watch. And it's based on such a great, spooky story, John Irving's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.


Ichabod Crane: Villainy wears many masks, none of which so dangerous as virtue...




I couldn't stop at 10, here's just one more...


11.

The Omen

plot: An American ambassador learns to his horror that his son is actually the literal Antichrist.



This movie is fabulous. Every scene is done so well. The atmosphere is dark and creepy. I also liked the remake to this one, but the original is a classic.





Look at me, Damien! It's all for you!!



What about you? What are your favorite scary movies?







0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY