Wednesday, February 24, 2010




title: Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea

author: Chelsea Handler

genre: memoir/humor

published: 2008

pages: 264

first line: I was nine years old and walking myself to school one morning when I heard the unfamiliar sound of a prepubescent boy calling my name.





rated: 3 1/2 out of 5








Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea is written by Chelsea Handler, who is an American stand-up comedian and host of her own show, Chelsea Lately. In her hilarious memoir Chelsea talks about her childhood, her family, her friends, drinking and men. She discusses a few funny predicaments she's gotten herself into, like when she was in the third grade and told her classmates that she was working on a film with Goldie Hawn to impress them. Or how when she was fish-sitting her boyfriends goldfish and it died while he was away, she replaced the fish with a bigger one and told him it grew due to the vitamin supplements she was feeding it. She talks about her DWI arrest and the time she served in jail, which is definitely not funny, but her observations when she was in jail had me laughing out loud. There was also a part where she discusses the male anatomy that had me in hysterics, I cried from laughing so hard.





This book started off really funny, it had me in stitches, but then it fizzled toward the middle and kind of died out for me. Chelsea has a sarcastic humor that is great, but sadly, the book slowed down and the big laughs were mostly in the first half.


I was twelve years old when I got boobs. I was over the moon, knowing they were the last piece of the puzzle I needed to start my own business.



All in all, this was a funny book and i'm glad I read it. I just wish she had kept the momentum going and gave me one final laugh.





Here is a clip of Chelsea Lately where she's talking about the Grammys.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY