Tuesday, February 23, 2010


EMINEM, MUSE, JAY-Z, THE BLACK EYED PEAS, KASABIAN, THE PRODIGY, FLORENCE+THE MACHINE, PAOLO NUTINI, FAITHLESS, STEREOPHONICS, DAVID GUETTA, VAMPIRE WEEKEND, MUMFORD &SONS, JOHN MAYER, HOT CHIP, CALVIN HARRIS, NEWTON FAULKNER, GOSSIP, THE TEMPER TRAP, EMPIRE OF THE SUN, GOLDFRAPP, LA ROUX, WOLFMOTHER, RISE AGAINST, THE CORAL, BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE, ELLIE GOULDING, TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB, ARMAND VAN HELDEN, STEVE ANGELLO, SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO, EROL ALKAN, STEVE AOKI AND A-TRAK.

*Tickets will go on general release on Friday 12th March 2010 at 8am nationwide. Prices remain unchanged since 2008 with a 3 day camping ticket costing €224.50 (incl booking fee).*

I was sitting anxiously at the computer at lunch, in school today. Tweets were being sent out one by one announcing the line up. There was a group of us screaming when each one was announced! It was really exiting! I was chuffed at first with the line as some of my favourite bands will be playing; Florence and the Machine, Mumford and Sons and La Roux. But then the more I thought about it, the more frustrated I got. Why is this 'rock and roll' weekend having TWO rappers as headliners? Don't get me wrong Eminem and Jay-Z are brilliant and I like some of their music, but having both of them at Oxegen as headliners? Seems kind of weird for 'rock and roll'. There is definitely space for some more bands like the Kings of Leon, Marina and the Diamonds, Lady Gaga, Crystal Castles, Hadouken! etc.. and I'm hoping one of them will be added to the line-up, when they announce more Tuesday week! I can't wait! I'm staying at the Red camp for the 4 days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY