Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Thursday everyone. I thought i'd include a few photos with my post today. Here's one of my chicken nugget, Diego, lounging on my daughters bed. I took this photo yesterday, and he just laid there watching me, while I snapped away. Always the little poser.



And here is the view I had while driving home from work today. We are in the middle of another bad snow storm. My kids have a snow day for today and tomorrow as well. So i've got my fingers crossed that my job will be closed tomorrow. I'm soooo ready for the Spring already! Bring it on...please!




Onto my Booking Through Thursday post:




I’ve seen this quotation in several places lately. It’s from Sven Birkerts’ ‘The Gutenberg Elegies: The Fate of Reading in an Electronic Age’:


“To read, when one does so of one’s own free will, is to make a volitional statement, to cast a vote; it is to posit an elsewhere and set off toward it. And like any traveling, reading is at once a movement and a comment of sorts about the place one has left. To open a book voluntarily is at some level to remark the insufficiency either of one’s life or one’s orientation toward it.”



To what extent does this describe you?


I think this is a great BTT prompt. I'm hoping I understand the quote correctly, but here are my thoughts. I do agree that reading is a form of escape, a healthy one:

to cast a vote; it is to posit an elsewhere and set off toward it.

Being an avid reader is a positive thing. I feel sorry for people who don't enjoy reading. You can visit so many places through books, real and imagined.



As far as reading marking the insufficiency of one's life, I have to disagree. Just because I enjoy reading doesn't mean my life is incomplete. On the contrary, I love winding down at the end of a busy day with a good book and a cup of tea. And many times, my children and I read together, all three of us relaxing on the living room couches reading our books.




What do you think about the above quote?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY