Friday, October 22, 2010

Saw a clip (see below) from Love and Death today at In Living Color which includes this theological discussion between Boris (Woody Allen) and Sonja (Diane Keaton) :) .......

Boris: Sonja, what if there is no God?

Sonja: Boris Dimitrovitch, are you joking?

Boris: What if we're just a bunch of absurd people who are running around with no rhyme or reason?

Sonja: But if there is no God, then life has no meaning. Why go on living? Why not just commit suicide?

Boris: Well, let's not get hysterical. I could be wrong. I'd hate to blow my brains out, then see they found something.

Sonja: Boris. Let me show you how absurd your position is. Let's say there is no God, and each man is free to do exactly as he chooses. What prevents you from murdering somebody?

Boris: Murder's immoral.

Sonja: Immorality is subjective.

Boris: Yes, but subjectivity is objective.

Sonja: Not in a rational scheme of perception.

Boris: Perception is irrational. It implies imminence.

Sonja: But judgment of any system of phenomena exists in any rational, metaphysical or epistemological contradiction to an abstracted empirical concept such as being, or to be, or to occur in the thing itself, or of the thing itself.

Boris: Yeah, I've said that many times.

Sonja: Boris, we must believe in God.

Boris: If I could just see a miracle, just one miracle. If I could see a burning bush, or the seas part, or... Or my Uncle Sasha pick up a check ....




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY