Thursday, October 14, 2010




Hi everyone. Halloween is just around the corner, and that means the tv networks are playing lots of scary movies. I've actually been spending quite a few hours these past couple of weeks glued to the tv watching some old favorites.




I have quite a few favorites when it comes to horror films, I can't possibly list them all here. I have narrowed it down to my favorite 10.


Here they are in no particular order. The movies that have made me cringe, given me nightmares and made me afraid to be home alone.










1. Halloween


plot: A psychotic murderer institutionalized since childhood escapes on a mindless rampage while his doctor chases him through the streets.

This was one of the first scary movies I watched when I was a tween and it really scared me silly. First off, the mask is terrifying. The way Michael Myers walks after his victims, slowly but surely, always creeps me out. And the music is just plain scary. It's the perfect horror movie, a classic.














2.The Ring


plot: A young journalist must investigate a mysterious videotape which seems to cause the death of anyone in a week of viewing it.



The setting is dark and dreary, the plot disturbing and when that little girl came out of the television at the end, I almost peed my pants.













3.The Grudge


plot: An American nurse living and working in Tokyo is exposed to a mysterious supernatural curse, one that locks a person in a powerful rage before claiming their life and spreading to another victim.



Almost every scene in this movie scares me. And that croaaaaaakkkkkkkkk noise gives me automatic chills. I actually jumped a little out of my seat during some of this movie.











4. Scream



plot: A psychopathic serial killer is stalking a group of teens just like in the movies!




This movie is not only scary, but cool also. The characters are likable, they seem like everyday teens. Scream makes fun of scary movies, while being scary itself and keeping you guessing until the very end. I like that it is a "whodunit" type mystery. Fantastic.















5.The Shining


plot: A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil and spiritual presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future.




Everything about this movie scares me to bits. I think one of the most disturbing scenes is when Shelly Duvall's character finds her husbands supposed manuscript and all she sees is the phrase All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy typed over and over on hundreds of pages.















6. The Exorcist


plot: When a teenager is possessed by a mysterious entity, her mother seeks the help of two priests to save her daughter.



I watched this movie when I was little, I want to say around 11 years old. It both shocked and horrified me. That's all it took, just one time watching it. I'll never watch it again. The scariest thing is that it was based on true events.










7. Rosemary's Baby


plot: A young couple move into a new apartment, only to be surrounded by peculiar neighbors and occurrences.



How creepy was this movie? The way Rosemary's husband is trying to convince her suspicions all in her head. Rosemary (Mia Farrow) seems so innocent and she's such a victim in this film, you can't help but root for her. The poor woman is carrying Satan's Spawn for heaven's sake!






There's one scene where Rosemary is in the kitchen eating raw, bloody liver. Apparently from what I've heard, Mia Farrow insisted on eating real raw liver for the scene. She wanted to make it realistic.












8.The Strangers



plot: A young couple staying in an isolated vacation home are terrorized by three unknown assailants.



I watched this one alone at night, curled up on the couch and I still remember how terrified I was about halfway through the film. When it was done, I just turned the tv off and was literally too scared to get up and walk around my house. I was scared stiff!
There's some scenes in this film where there's just utter quiet in the house and people think they are alone, but are being watched, and that can be terrifying in itself.












9.The Sixth Sense


plot: A boy who communicates with spirits that don't know they're dead seeks the help of a disheartened child psychologist.




This movie scared the bejezzes out of me and had me a little paranoid that there were ghosts wandering all around us. The simplest things like a ghost child walking down the hallway would scare me silly while watching this film. The surprise ending was fantastic. And that famous line: I see dead people.









10.The Omen


plot: An American ambassador learns to his horror that his son is actually the literal Antichrist.


Damien is so cold and calculated, it is disturbing. And the way his mother figures it out, but no one will believe her...
The atmosphere is perfectly dark and dreary. This is a simple and shocking film. Another classic.

















R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge


What about you? Have you seen any of these? What are your favorites?









0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY