Monday, October 11, 2010



title: To Your Dog's Health! Canine Nutrition and Recent Trends Within the Pet Food Industry

author: Mark Poveromo

pages: 88

genre: non-fiction/pets

published: 2010

first line: It has taken me many years to compile the information found within this book, and I believe it will help you provide your pet with sound nutrition.




I found To Your Dog's Health! to be both helpful and enlightening.
This book is a great resource for dog owners.



With chapter titles like All Foods Are Not Created Equal and Be a Top Chef for Your Dog, author Mark Poveromo informs the reader on how to give their dog the best nutrition possible. Formerly a teacher, Mark is now an expert on animal nutrition as well as the owner of a dog and cat food store.



He is a holistic practitioner and has his own dogs on raw food diets as well as cooking for them at home himself. His own chocolate lab lived to be 17 years old.


There are healthy recipes included within the book as well as brands Mark recommends. He gives advice on picky eaters and on how to transition your dog from the food he is currently eating to a different diet.

He discusses several interesting topics including dogs with cancer and what foods help prevent it, as well as what foods they should be eating once, heaven forbid, they are diagnosed with the disease. Mark also tells you what to look for when you are reading labels.

I liked that there is a photo included at the start of each chapter. I thought that was a nice touch.





I will definitely be making sure that I am label reading when purchasing food and treats for my own furbaby, Diego. This book has been an eye opener when it comes to my dog's eating habits and the food that I chose to give him.





Special thanks to Lisa Roe for sending me a copy of this book.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY