Friday, September 9, 2011

I PROMISED I WOULD NOT COMMENT ON THE PRESIDENT’S SPEECH LAST NIGHT

ABOVE PHOTO PROVIDED BY THE WHITEHOUSE: President Barack Obama addresses a Joint Session of Congress in the House Chamber of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., Sept. 8, 2011. Vice President Joe Biden and House Speaker John Boehner are seated behind the President. (Official White House Photo by Chuck Kennedy)

But I am not going to be like the Republicans who signed some asinine pledge and I will just say what is necessary at this time. I think that the President’s speech was superb, almost confrontational and still not devoid of that Obama willingness to compromise…It is disheartening to see how President Obama and Democrats in general have allowed the Republicans to dictate the agenda.

It makes no difference to any politician what we…the people think at this point…we are emphatically against cuts in Medicare and Medicaid and touching Social Security is not even in our radar. We are in agreement, at least the majority of us Americans that there has to be substantial increases in taxes on the wealthier and the corporations and that this business of cutting the deficit is not a priority at this time when our economy is in shambles. The President thought that it was a BIG program but most of us don’t think it is big enough.

Unfortunately, Republicans have proven how they think. Small. Petty. In their own political interests. They have shown they will do everything they can – including holding our economy back – in their obsessive drive to make President Obama a one-term president – and seize both houses of Congress.

Today, as I do every day, I received more than a dozen e-mails requesting donations. I added it up and if I were to donate to each politician running for office, each cause célèbre and each organization that has requested I would be shedding out over $250.00…and that is for one day.

Of course I will vote to re-elect President Obama…I consider the alternatives…having a Teabagger Fundamentalist-science denier, homophobic and middle class destroyer in the White House doesn’t set very well with me.

But what I am not is enthusiastic nor am I going to go out of my way like I did in the last elections…if the Republicans win then so be it…it is because the American people deserve it and I can’t think of a better punishment for their stupidity…that is if they vote for these radical extremist right wingers…that remains to be seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY