Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm Back






Helloooo blogland, I am back. Our power has been restored and it feels good!


So very thankful for that. We packed up the kids and stood by my moms house for a few days, but it is good to be back home. There's no place like home.


See my sunflowers above? I seeded these back in late May and was sure they wouldn't survive Irene, especially since they hadn't even blossomed yet. When we got back home, they were literally laying down on the ground, the weight of the rain and winds was too much. I thought they were dead for sure, but I stood them up and staked them, hoping they might recover and they did. They blossomed a few days later. I want to say they are about 6 feet tall.







Hurricane Irene made quite the mess here. There is still very bad flooding and roads are still closed but hopefully that will clear up soon. We are one of the lucky ones, some people have lost everything.





President Obama is making a visit to my hometown tomorrow to view the flooding and damage left by Irene.




I'm very behind on reviews and blog hopping so I'll be playing catch up on this three day weekend. Thank you all for your comments and for stopping by my blog.
Enjoy your weekend. Can you believe it's September already?







0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY