Saturday, June 7, 2008





I am thrilled to say, that author Donna Fletcher has taken time out of her busy schedule to grant me an interview! Thank you Miss Fletcher.

I recently read and reviewed her novel, Return of the Rogue and am now raffling off my copy
to one of my readers. Click here for details.


Onto the interview:




Bookworm:
What got you interested in writing? How long have you been writing?

Donna Fletcher:
It all started with the words what if? I've always been an avid reader
and would ask what if this or that happened in a book I was reading.
So it seemed only natural to start writing. My first book San
Francisco Surrender
was published in 1990. I'd been writing seriously
about three years before that.




Bookworm:
How long does it take you to write a book? Do you ever get writer's block?

Donna Fletcher:
I've written books in three months due to deadlines, but I prefer four
or more months. I can't say I've suffered writer's block. I may hit a
snag in a book where something unexpected happens and then I need to
reevaluate the storyline, but I'm confident that I can work it out.




Bookworm:
In Return of the Rogue Cavan is torn between his feelings of guilt
over his brother's capture and his falling in love with Honora and
feels he doesn't deserve happiness. Where do you come up with these
plots and with these characters? What inspires you?


Donna Fletcher:
Characters often pop into my head or introduce themselves in dreams.
The Sinclare brothers popped into my head one day each making certain
to show me their distinct personalities and their strong family ties.
Then I asked what if two of the brothers were captured during battle
and one escaped and the other didn't? And so the storyline was born.
As for what inspires me? My undying belief in love!




Bookworm:
Which of your own characters is your favorite? Which book are you
most proud of?

Donna Fletcher:

It's hard to have a favorite character. I find something special about
each one. But if I had to pick, it would be a tie between Sebastian
Blood from San Francisco Surrender and Lucian Darcmoor from The
Buccaneer
. The book I'm most proud of? I'm proud of all my books.
They're all winners to me.



Bookworm:

Are you working on any books now?


Donna Fletcher:

I just finished the third book in the Sinclare brothers' series,
Lachlan's book. Artair's book Under the Highlander's Spell will be
available in October. Lachlan's book follows, though no release date
has been set yet and I'm about to start Ronan's book. I just have to
get him home to his family. I'm also working on a paranormal
historical series, but it's in the early stages.




Bookworm:
Who are your favorite authors and what is it that really strikes
you about their work?



Donna Fletcher:
Nora Roberts is a remarkable author. The quantity and quality of her
work astounds me. I'm also a long time fan of Julie Garwood. She
writes true romance. And I think Debbie Macomber creates great
characters. There are many more authors I enjoy and the basic thing
they all have in common is that their characters captivate and they
tell a good story. When I hate to see a book end is when I know I'll
be buying that author again.



Bookworm:
If you could travel to anyplace in the world that you haven't been
to yet, where would it be?


Donna Fletcher:
When I travel I love to go to historic places. So instead of going
anyplace in the world, I'd prefer to travel through time and see
history in the making.




Bookworm:
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?




Donna Fletcher:
I love hearing from all of you. Your e-mails make my day. You all make
a solitary profession less lonely. So please do keep in touch. Your
comments are more appreciated than you'll ever know.








Thank you again Miss Fletcher for chatting with me. I hope fellow readers will pick up one of Donna Fletcher's romantic & enchanting books.









visit the authors blog: http://donnafletcher1.blogspot.com/


and her website: http://www.donnafletcher.com/







0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY