Thursday, June 12, 2008







title: A New Earth : Awakening to Your Life's Purpose


author: Eckhart Tolle

pages: 309

first line: 'Earth, 114 million years ago, one morning just after sunrise: The first flower ever to appear on the planet opens up to receive the rays of the sun.'






'Building on the astonishing success of The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle presents readers with an honest look at the current state of humanity: He implores us to see and accept that this state, which is based on an erroneous identification with the egoic mind, is one of dangerous insanity.'





I've found several of my favorite books through Oprah's Book club. Her latest book selection is 'A New Earth : Awakening to Your Life's Purpose'.




'How to be at peace now? By making peace with the present moment. The present moment is the field on which the game of life happens. It cannot happen anywhere else.'






I don't usually read self help books, but this one seemed interesting enough and even my sister as raving about it. In addition to reading the book, I logged on to view the web-discussions between Oprah, Tolle and other readers.




This is the type of book that really gets you thinking. I found it inspirational and fascinating. Tolle talks about religion, spirituality, the ego. He refers to the ego as the 'voice inside your head'. This voice and these thoughts are our conditioned thought processes. You have to realize the awareness behind these thoughts. This awareness is the real you.



Tolle speaks of how the ego can run your life and way of thinking. That 'little voice inside your head' is constantly going without you even realizing it is there. If you are aware of your ego, and realize that is not the real you, you will begin the process of 'awakening'.






Tolle touches on many different topics and after each chapter you need to sit back and reflect. This isn't the type of book you can get through in a week or so. I've been reading this book since mid-March. Each night I would read a few pages before going to bed.



With the risk of sounding corny or even gullable, this book has changed the way I view myself and others as well. To the point where my husband has noticed the positive change in me and commented on it. I told him, it was in large due to this amazing book I was reading.




It may sound far-fetched to some, but if you read this book and really reflect on it, it makes perfect sense. Tolle often refers to religion, and quotes the bible throughout the book.





I highly recommend this book, I cannot give it a rating. It's the kind of book that either will change your life, if you are ready, or it won't help you at all if you are not ready for that change.






'Nothing ever happened in the past that can prevent you from being present now; and if the past cannot prevent you from being present now, what power does it have?'







Oprah's Book club






0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY