Monday, January 11, 2010




Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about tidy bookshelves.


Are your bookshelves strictly books only? Or have knick-knacks invaded? Do your shelves also shelve DVDs? Photos? Why not snap a photo – I’m sure we all like to spy on other’s shelves!



This is a fun question. I always like seeing peoples bookshelves.
Luckily when we bought our house, one room had bookshelves built into an entire wall.

When we were house hunting and I first saw this bookcase, I gave a little squeal of joy :) I instantly imagined my books finding a home there. I turned this into my computer room/library. Hubby even helped me paint the room cranberry and pink, he loves me that much...lol.




I do have a few knick-knacks alongside my books, not many though because I'm running out of shelfspace. My books are in some sort of order, I like to keep them somewhat separated by genre and author, and I like to keep the books i've yet to read together. My DVD's have thier own shelves to sit on and some of my CD's are kept in a little corner with the books. Crazy enough, at work, I have and entire drawer full with more of my CD's and books. This isn't that great a picture, there's actually a fifth shelf on bottom not shown here.








Captain Jack Sparrow sits on the shelf by my Stephen King Books. (Jack talks and says phrases from the movies like....'looks like rough seas ahead mate')
Lots of my books are well worn, dog eared and the spines are broken. I know many of you will cringe to read that! lol.


I also have a Hermione bookend with my HP books.




I have a decorative GWTW shot glass that I keep next to my copies of GWTW and I also keep the classic books and any Austen spin offs in that corner.




I have another HP knick knack in there too...it lights up like the scene in book 1 when they find the 3 headed dog Fluffy. These knick knacks were gifts from friends who know me well.


I made this stuffy a while ago and named him Forest (after Gump), he's found a permanent spot on my bookshelf too.




My Dean Koontz books are on the far right all the way up top. And in that little nook is where I keep my personally autographed copy of The Taking, which I take out and show to anyone who will listen...lol. I gush over this book, he personally signed it for me a few years ago when I crocheted him an elephant and wrote him a fan letter telling him how much I loved his work.


He was awesome enough to send me a signed hardcover copy of my favorite book of his, The Taking, as well as a personal note. (see now i'm showing it off again, sorry! lol) But you can imagine my surprise and excitement to find a package at my doorstep from Dean Koontz himself.


That's it, thanks for taking a little tour of my bookshelf. Sorry for rambling.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY