Sunday, January 31, 2010

I've been asked a few times to write a blog about this so here you go :) hope it helps!

Doc Martens are so versatile, you can literally wear them with ANYTHING. The amount of colours, patterns, materials you can get of Docs is huge. They last forever and a hard-wearing. (Trust me, I know. I've walked through snow in them haha!) I have 2 pairs myself, ankle-length leather black ones and a patent pink pair. I wear them to death and they always complete an outfit! You can get different lengths depends on how many shoelace holes are on the docs, 8 hole, 16 hole etc.

I would recommend getting black docs first, they're much more easier to wear when choosing an outfit go with them. Because they're quite a masculine shoe, I always think wearing feminine clothes  with them works well as there's a big contrast e.g wearing a Summery floral skirt with shin-length black docs would looks amazing! If you to go for a full on grunge look, I would wear the black docs with tights, denim cut-offs, band t-shirt, leather jacket etc.



If you want to buy one of the coloured pairs of Docs, think carefully about which colour you want! I got my pink pair 3 years ago and it seems like everyone has them nowadays. So stay away from the 'typical' colours, buy the green or yellow ones instead! The coloured docs are just as easy to wear as the black docs but you just have to be more wary I guess. I mean that say if you red docs, you obviously would not wear too much red with them or any clashing colours like pink. Well in saying that actually, I've seen red and pink together on some people and it works! So go for it :)

Next on my wishlist for docs, is a leopard print pair! I loveee them, I love anything leopard print really haha! But yeah the patterned docs are amazing, you can get patterns like floral to tartan to the union jack! There's such a variety and I think they always look nice if you wear them with one other patterned item of clothing, like tights or a skirt. I love clashing patterns! But make sure they're different patterns, never wear tartan with tartan for example!

The prices vary, they're around €80-€200 depending on what colour/pattern you get!

Well I hope that was helpful, I really like getting requests so if you want one, just comment here and I'll write it up asap! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY