Tuesday, August 17, 2010







Really Random Tuesday is hosted by Suko.


Happy Tuesday everyone. Thank you all for your comments on my last Really Random Tuesday post about Diego and his ear infection. He is almost 100% better now, the meds worked their magic and he goes back to the vet tomorrow for his follow-up visit. In the photo above you can see him in one of his favorite spots, the couch by the window in my livingroom. He snuggles up right behind the pillow and takes his naps.



On a different note, I went shoe shopping last week. My sister and I have a little shoe shopping ritual. Our favorite shoe store is actually a shoe warehouse that is located next to a restaurant we like. This restaurant is tropical themed, complete with live tropical music and outdoor seating. The best part is that we go look at the shoes first, that of course works up an appetite, then we go next door for dinner. We don't always buy shoes, but it's fun to browse.

This past Friday we went and I treated myself to these:




My sister treated herself to these:




And then off we went next door and had dinner and Cosmopolitans. It's nice to get bonding time with my sister, plus we get a break from the kiddies.






Recipe for a Cosmopolitan:


1 oz vodka

1/2 oz triple sec

1/2 oz lime juice

1/2 oz cranberry juice


Shake vodka, triple sec, lime and cranberry juice vigorously in a shaker with ice. Strain into a martini glass, garnish with a lime wedge on the rim, and serve.



As far as reading goes, I wanted to share a passage from Alice in Wonderland (which you can read for free online here). I'm really enjoying this story. This is where Alice runs into the Chesire Cat.


The Cat only grinned when it saw Alice. It looked good- natured, she thought: still it had VERY long claws and a great many teeth, so she felt that it ought to be treated with respect.



`Cheshire Puss,' she began, rather timidly, as she did not at all know whether it would like the name: however, it only grinned a little wider. `Come, it's pleased so far,' thought Alice, and she went on. `Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'



`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.


`I don't much care where--' said Alice.


`Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.


`--so long as I get SOMEWHERE,' Alice added as an explanation.


`Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough.'


Alice felt that this could not be denied, so she tried another question. `What sort of people live about here?'



`In THAT direction,' the Cat said, waving its right paw round, `lives a Hatter: and in THAT direction,' waving the other paw, `lives a March Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad.'


`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.


`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'


`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.


`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'





And last but not least, I'll leave you all with a favorite John Mayer song called Edge of Desire:




Enjoy your Tuesday. What are you up to?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY