Monday, August 16, 2010



title: The Other Guys

release date: August 2010

genre: comedy

cast: Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, Michael Keaton, Eva Mendes

rated: 4 out of 5




Two mismatched New York City detectives seize an opportunity to step up like the city's top cops whom they idolize -- only things don't quite go as planned.







NYPD Detectives Christopher Danson (Dwayne Johnson) and P.K. Highsmith (Samuel L. Jackson) are superstars in NYC. Paparazzi trail them, they date celebs, and everyone idolizes them. When these hot cop superstars need replacing, partners Terry Hoitz (Mark Wahlberg) and Allen Gamble (Will Ferrell) decide to step up. Terry and Allen are known as 'The Other Guys', these cops are on desk duty and sit across from each other. Terry has a short fiery temper and is itching to get back on the streets and Allen is more subdued and is totally content with sitting at his desk all day. Needless to say, these two don't get along, mostly due to Terry's bad attitude and Allen's goody-goody demeanor.



Terry takes advantage when he hears a police call and grabs Allen and the two head off to the crime scene...in Terry's Prius, blasting River Band on the radio :) Not that there's anything wrong with that, but in this situation, it was hysterical.

The two get caught up in a case that is more than what they bargained for. As they try to get to the bottom of what turns out to be a high profile case, they get themselves into some crazy situations, but eventually start to become friends.




Hubby and I went to watch The Other Guys on our date night. Both of us are big Will Ferrell fans (Anchorman and Old School are top favs) and this one looked like it would be really funny. We weren't dissapointed, this was a fun movie. It's got a good plot and some laugh out loud scenes. There's lots of great lines in it also, and Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg made for an awesome comedic team.




There's some great supporting characters in this film. I liked seeing Michael Keaton as Police Captain Gene Mauch, at first sight I didn't recognize him.

And hellooo Dwayne Johnson...a.k.a. The Rock! Does this man not age?




Eva Mendes was very funny as well and stunning as usual.







I do wish this movie would have been a little bit shorter, it was about 20 minutes too long for me. Or maybe it's just me, because the last few films I've watched in the theater have all seemed to be about 20 minutes too long for me...lol. But I still really liked this one.
All in all, this was a funny movie, and I'm glad I went to see it. I do recommend it!



I am a peacock, you gotta let me fly! -

Terry Hoitz












0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY