Sunday, September 19, 2010




The Sunday Salon.com



Happy Sunday everyone. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. The cool Fall weather is here and it's such a nice change from the sweltering heat of these past summer months. There's something comforting about cool Fall days and I always enjoy sitting home with my cup of tea wrapped up in a blanket with my current read.





However, it seems I've hit a minor reading slump these few weeks. The last book I read and reviewed was The Life O'Reilly over two weeks ago, which I really loved. I've been stuck on Dean Koontz' Relentless since then, and am really struggling to finish it. I've got around 50 pages left. I'm sad to say I'm not enjoying it as much as I'd like to, but I don't want to make it a DNF.
I've also been reading and reviewing short stories by Poe and King, which I've enjoyed.
Once I'm finished with Relentless I can't wait to start Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine. I think it will be refreshing to get into a different genre.





On another note, Oprah has announced her new book club pick, Freedom by Jonathan Franzen.



I will be getting a copy. The books I have read from Oprah's book club picks, I've enjoyed alot and some have even become favorites, like The Poisonwood Bible, She's Come Undone and A New Earth.





Coming up this week: My review of Relentless and a guest post by author Simon Wood.



I hope you enjoy your Sunday. What are you up to today?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY