Saturday, July 19, 2008

Classics Meme



I stopped by j.kaye's blog and found this meme. I had to play along since personally, I enjoy most of the classics.


* What is the best classic you were "forced" to read in school (and why)?
I'm torn between a few of them. I'd have to say Homer's 'The Odyssey'. We read it out loud in school during class, it was actually interesting this way. It was better than reading it at home and possibly falling asleep...that's a hefty book to take on...lol. I liked the storyline and the characters. And I also liked 'The Catcher in the Rye' by J. D. Salinger, Steinbeck's 'Of Mice and Men' and 'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings' by Maya Angelou. Those are books I re-read later on even though I didn't have to. And let's not forget Shakespeare's 'Macbeth' and 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell.






* What was the worst classic you were forced to endure (and why)?

I hated 'Red Badge of Courage' by Stephen Crane. OMG I hated reading that in grade school. It was part of summer reading! *ick*




* Which classic should every student be required to read (and why)?

I don't think anyone should be required to read a classic, I was made to read some in school that I didn't enjoy. But if they are interested in reading a classic, it should be something they pick out themselves, this way they have a choice and may like it.





* Which classic should be put to rest immediately (and why)?

'Red Badge of Courage' because it was one of the most boring books I have ever read in my entire life.






* **Bonus** Why do you think certain books become classics?


I think certain books become classics because the story is timeless. It never goes out of style. The reader is drawn to the story and its characters.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY