Friday, July 4, 2008

Perfect On Paper



title: Perfect on Paper: The (Mis)adventures of Waverly Bryson

author: Maria Murnane

pages: 314

genre: fiction

first line: "I still can't believe this is happening."

rated: 4 out of 5










Waverly Bryson works as a publicist for JAG (Jammin' Athletic Gear). She is happily engaged and soon to be married when her fiancé calls off the wedding. Waverly is heartbroken.




She begins to jot down what she calls 'Honey Notes'. These notes are based on the experiences she goes through.


'Ever feel like you don't know anything at all?

Honey, congratulations

at least you finally know that.'






While on a work assignment, she meets Jake McIntyre, who is a physical therapist for a basketball team. Waverly likes Jake right away, but she winds up having a few mishaps each time she runs into him....like tripping and falling while holding a tray of food, which winds up all over her outfit. Or running into Jake one day at a game, while she's got her mouth full of garlic fries...lol.



Trying to move on with her life, with encouragement from her friends, Waverly ends up going on a few dates ...which don't go too well, and there's some very funny moments on those dates. She also sends a few publishers her 'Honey Notes' in hopes of getting them published and made into greeting cards.


I liked the Honey Notes!



'Not making quite the impression you'd like?

Honey,the only impression you should worry about is the one you make on the couch.
If it's too deep, you need to get off it more.'






Waverly has a few close friends, but doesn't have the best relationship with her dad.

'I wanted him to tell me how much he loved me, that he was proud of how I'd turned out, even though it had been hard to raise me on his own. I wanted to ask him why I'd never heard him say those words, why part of me still wondered if anyone could ever love me.'






This book reminded me a bit of the book 'Bridget Jones Diary'. It also reminded me of the movie, 'Someone Like You'.





This is a fun, light read. The storyline is interesting, the characters are well written and and it's got some very funny moments. I liked Waverly's character. You want things to be okay for her.





'I wrote this book for any woman who has ever had a really bad date or realized halfway through the work day that her skirt is on backwards.'

I was lucky that author Maria Murnane sent me a copy of Perfect on Paper. I enjoyed this read and hope to read more of her work. Thank you Maria.



Maria Murnane has taken time out of her busy schedule to grant me an interview for my blog!

  • click here to read the interview




  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment



     

    FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY