Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Elizabeth May claims to have never smoked pot. Don't know, don't care, what's obvious is she has never tried to grow it

Canada's Green Party leader Elizabeth May apologized on Wednesday for never having smoked marijuana, as she unveiled her election plank, which touts legalizing and taxing pot...

May told reporters at a campaign stop in Halifax, televised nationally. "I've never used marijuana. I apologize."...

As well, the party would like to see "small, independent growers" thrive, and the government taxing the weed at the same rate as tobacco, generating an estimated one billion dollars Canadian (931 million US) annually.
I always laugh at this argument. George Carlin called it Toledo window box, implying that you can grow it on a window ledge. I have never grown the stuff myself, but I know of people who have grown it in a planter.

Personally, I grow herbs all summer, and do a few indoor winter herbs. If I was inclined to smoke pot, and it was legal, I would plant it. It's effortless, and you won't be paying government rates for it. And if you don't want to grow it, why wouldn't someone else grow it in their back yard and sell it to people tax-free?

There are some interesting and compelling arguments for legalizing pot, and the war on drugs has certainly been a massive failure. I'm all for re-thinking it, but the argument that it will be profitable for the government to legalize it just doesn't wash, and anyone budgeting $1B on a marijuana tax better have a plan B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY