Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Books.

I, myself have been an avid reader since a young age. As a child I was always either drawing, reading books or dressing up. I loved reading. 
I grew up on Enid Blyton books, due to my Dad, Aunty and Uncle all growing up themselves with her books, so they were always around my Nana's house. Her stories captured my imagination and I would be unable to put a book down after starting it. I have 3 favourite books of all time and one of them is an Enid Blyton classic; 'The Faraway Tree'. I've never read a book so much in my life, I have the omnibus edition from when I was a child and the spine is in bits from reading it over and over. The tales of The Faraway Tree completely captured my mind, I would read the books, a thick book I might add, over and over. 
As I grew up I started to read the Goosebumps collection, I developed a huge fascination with the paranormal as a child, probably due to my Nana telling me all her ghost stories. Even to this day I'm always intrigued by ghostly tales and I am a firm believer in the paranormal. Of course, there's a disadvantage to that - I become paranoid I'm being haunted after seeing a ghost movie (aka. Paranormal Activity) for months on end. The Goosebumps collection was fantastic, my favourite story was 'Phantom of the Auditorium' from Collection 9. It terrified me! So it was great :D.

As I mentioned, I have 3 favourite books. The Faraway Tree being one, and The Outsiders by S.E Hinton being another. For the last few years I've really become interested in the 50s. Such a cliché era to like I know, but I genuinely grew up around Monroe movies and Elvis. Anyways, along with my interest with the 50s, my interest of the 'Greaser' movement expanded. I absolutely adore this movement - the music, the film, the style.. anytime I see a man wearing a leather jacket, drain piper, winkle-pickers and Ray-Bans I die a little inside - they are yummy. Haha. So The Outsiders is a book written by S.E at the age of 17, it revolves around the gang crimes committed between The Socs (Socialities) and the Greasers in the 60s. Keep in mind, over in the Uk and Ireland the 'Teddy Boy' culture developed, more or less a European take on the Greasers. Think young John Lennon. I adore this book and I'm getting a quote from the book tattooed on my wrist actually. It's a quote taken from a Robert Frost poem, and it's said in the book. The famous ''Stay Golden, Ponyboy.'' is said by the dying Johnny to caring Ponyboy. It basically means ''stay young'' and I adore it.
My other favourite book is (another feckin cliché...) is Twilight (the whole saga really, but you know what I mean). I read these books before they were ever famous, long, long, long before the movies were even heard of! And I just adore them. I don't care if half the planet's female population likes them too, to be honest. I adore all these books, probably due to again, my fascination with the paranormal. Vampires and Werewolves really play a big part in that you know haha! And If you's are wondering... I'm Team Edward. For life.
I have collected hundreds of books throughout my 17 years, including my Aunty's Marilyn Monroe books from the 80s, they were always lying around my Nana's house when I was a kid and I'd read them  first out of curiosity and then I became obsessed with Monroe. Watching her films, reading all the books, having pictures of her everywhere... and Audrey Hepburn! My Mum and Aunty were mad about Monroe, my Nana was mad about Hepburn and Coco Chanel and used to always quote them!
I was a strange child, in the sense when I was given money to 'go buy some sweets', I'd walk out of the shop with stationary and wait for it... dog encyclopedias. I have always been an animal lover and I had 2 dogs as a kid, so I used to spend my money on dog books. Haha.
This has gone on longer than I thought, so I'll end it here and show you my photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY