Sunday, May 23, 2010



This Weekly Geeks is about characters from books and how we can or cannot relate to them. I thought this was a very interesting topic. It's a great thing to read a book and be able to relate to the central character.




For this week's task, let's take a close look at some of our favorite bookish characters.


think of a character that you really relate to

I can relate to Anne Elliot from Jane Austen's Persuasion.

Anne is soft spoken and tends to take others advice a bit too much, but in the end, she begins to think for herself. I am shy by nature and I do have that side to my personality where I tend to second guess myself when others are giving me advice. Now as I'm older, I do realize this about myself and nip it in the bud as it's happening. But I could totally relate to Anne and how she was influenced in her younger years. I cheered for her when she became older and wiser and went for what made her happy instead of trying to please others.









share with us a favorite character that is the complete opposite of you


Anne Boleyn from Phillipa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl.

It stunned me to read about how conniving Anne was and the mean things she did and said to her own sister. It was Anne's selfishness and drive for power that helped land her on the chopping block.


I have a sister myself, and we are very close, so I could never imagine us treating each other like that.







tell us about a character that you wish you could be more like

I wish I could be more like Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind. I always liked Scarlett's drive and determination. Scarlett saved her family's plantation and became a successful business woman in a time where women were expected to stay home and raise children.
I don't agree with her stealing husbands and being cold hearted to get her way, but I do like that she always went for what she wanted and got it. Ironically, she had what she wanted all along, Rhett's love, but by the time she realized it, it was too late.









What about you? What bookish characters can you relate to or not?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY